Q. How do I apply for a position with Universities Space Research Association if I have never submitted an application before?
- A: You will need to go to the Employment Listings tab and click the 'Search Current Openings' link.You will need to provide some additional contact information in Step 1. Enter this information into the correct fields.
- Scroll down until you see the position you would like to apply for.
- Click on the link with the position name and scroll to the bottom.
- Click on 'New Resume'; you will then have three options to choose from.
- You may upload a resume,
- You may copy and paste a resume into the text box from a document, or
- You can proceed without a resume.
- Click on the 'Continue to Step 2' button at the bottom of the page. This next page is where you can add additional documentation such as resume, cover letters, work samples, and/or references.
- Click the 'Continue to Step 3' button at the bottom of the page. In Step 3, you will be able to copy and paste in your resume or CV content.
- Click the 'Continue to Step 4' button at the bottom of the page. In Step 4, you will enter in the Voluntary Equal Employment Opportunity information.
- Click the ‘Continue to Step 5’ button at the bottom of the page. In Step 5, you will enter in the Voluntary Self- Identification of Disability information. A preview will be shown of what has been entered from Steps 1-5 before you continue on.
- When you click continue you will then enter into the On-line E-Application Form. Please answer the questions on the on-line application.
- Please note if you have employment from an international location or attended a university at an international location- from the State field drop down box please click “NA” and enter your Country name in the City field box, and five (5) Zeros if you do not have a zip code.
Q. How do I apply for a position if I already have a profile with Universities Space Research Association?
- A: You will need to go to the Employment Listings tab and click the 'Search Current Openings' link.
- Scroll down until you see the position you would like to apply for. Click on the link with the position name and scroll to the bottom.
- Click the 'Use Existing Resume/CV' button at the bottom of the page. Once you have clicked on that, you will be able to see previous positions for which you have applied.
- Click on the 'Submit this Profile link next to the resume/cv you would like to use. You will be asked to log back into your profile using the username/password you originally set up.
- Click the 'Check Records' button. You may be asked to answer pre-screening questions.
- Click Submit and you should receive a confirmation message on the screen letting you know your submission was successful.
Q: Do I need a resume in order to apply for a position?
- A: No. If you do not have a resume to upload, you are able to create one through our system when you apply for a specific position.
Q: How long does the hiring process take?
- A: Each search is unique so there is not a standard length of time. However, if selected, you will be contacted for next steps. Also, you will be notified if the position has been filled with a different candidate.
Q: How should my cover letter be addressed?
- A: Cover letters can be addressed to the Interview Committee.
Q: How can I check the status of my application?
- A: You can review your completed application(s) and check your status by logging back into your profile.
- Click the 'Update your Profile' tab on the left hand navigation and enter your email and password. At the bottom of the page you will see a list of all of the positions you have applied for and the status of your application will be listed on the right.
- Additionally, you will receive a confirmation email once you have successfully submitted your application and notification if you are no longer under consideration for a position.
Q: What should I do if I forgot my password?
- A: Go to the login screen and click on 'Forgot your password?' You will need to enter your email address that you used the first time you applied. Once submitted, an email message with the subject line 'Accessing your resume/CV at USRA will be sent to the email address associated with your user profile. Your password will be in bold in the body of the email.
Q: I'm experiencing technical issues while applying. What should I do?
- A: Please make sure you are using the following compatible internet browsers when applying (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Internet Explorer Version 9 or older only). If you have any other technical issues while applying for open positions please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: I am not able to click submit to complete my application/resume submission. What should I do?
- A: To complete the application process on-line the system will give you one (1) hour to complete the entire process. If an hour has passed, you will have to complete the process again. It is recommended having all the necessary materials and information required for the posting available at the time of applying for any listed positions.
Please view our sample FAQ
(0 out of 0 people found this FAQ helpful)